I decided to take a trial run with the VA76 (as a studio only piece) because of a special deal and the sale of my psr9000 (which was part of a huge studio swap).

I like having a duplicate for my stage rig, but to be honest - I never had to use one! It was an "insurance" policy of sorts, and made recording easier because of the similarities bewteen stage and studio.

I want to give this one a whirl because I really liked the sounds on the VA7 that I had a while back, and the keybed, and solid construction of this unit will probably make it a good studio controller, if nothing else.

This is not something that I consider taking on the road, so I won't be posting any new "no speakers" threads ...... don't get excited. I want to use this to generate solid, harmony laden, backing trax that I can use in an upcoming job based around a grand piano. I'll record some simple string, bass and drum trax ... ad vocal harmonies with the TC and put them on the laptop so I can still get harmony when I play the acoustic piano. This gig (yeah, yeah ... I say it SOMETIMES)is a steady Friday starting in August so I want to be comfortable without a live harmonizer on the job. I still may put the PA80 on top of the piano anyway ...... haven't decided yet.

So, I just thought I'd throw this out to the gang for digestion before i actually pick it up. I have a guy that might be interrested in it if I tire of it too quickly, so my risk factor is minimal !

Wish me luck ...... It feels like a step backwards in some ways, but as a controller ..... it's a nice feeling, solid, 76 key controller with great sounds as well. Can't be too frightning, huh?