Hi gang:
Yesterday I paid a visit to Bell/Solton in Nyack N.Y., to give the new XD9 a try . As a former owner of an X1, I regretted selling it due to the “sloppy” chord harmony generated on the right hand side of the KB while the “harmony” function was “on”. As I mentioned in this forum several times in the past, this one is a problem that I found impossible to live with; since, not being a trained piano player, (I’ve been a guitar player for the last 35 years) I find myself in need of using this feature quite often to enhance the melody line. The problem occurs when, while having the Harmony function “on”, you play consecutive single notes. Every note should sound clean with its own harmony, which is generated by the chord being played with your left hand.

Unfortunately this “transition” does not happen in a “clean, tight” manner on the X1 and now the XD9 (The SD9 has this problem as well); for some reason, the chord sounds “sloppy” (not unison). I own a PSR2000 now, and this keyboard performs this function “flawlessly”.
What a pity! Ketron boards are wonderfully designed for live work; with great sounds and styles and great interaction with the player.
While being there, I had the opportunity to demonstrate this problem to Aldo and Vinny, both technicians at the facility; they acknowledged the problem and promised to report it to Ketron/Solton in Italy.
I hope that this deficiency is one that can be corrected thru a system upgrade by the engineers at Ketron. Not until then, I will be able to call myself a Ketron/Solton owner.
Regards,
Mario