Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Simon. For me they have a cheap soft feel, not much better than the 2000\2100.

Graham, I don't understand what you're talking about here, because I own (and play professionally) BOTH the Tyros & 2000, and think the Tyros keyboard action feels terrific, and without ab doubt, 'light years' ahead of the flimsy spongy feel of the 2000's. In addition, I've also played and performed on a 9000pro on more than several occasions, and though I certainly enjoy playing its 76 keys, think its keyboard action & feel only 'slightly better' than the Tyros. The Tyros and PSR2100 were designed for lightweight portabibility (27 lbs & 24 lbs respectively) while the 9000pro offers more keyboard real estate and a lot more weight (50 lbs).

In terms of sound & styles, I definitely notice substantial improvements in these areas (over the 9000pro) on both the Tyros and the PSR2100/2000, as both the Tyros & PSR2100 incorporate newer sound technology as well as provide a much higher (1,984 ppq) style pattern 'note resolution' resulting in more dramatic 'life like' sounding styles.

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
I play a Tyros twice a week and its a relief to get back to my 9KPro.

I think this may be more due to the fact that you're just more accustomed (and feel more at home) with your OWN keyboard's feel.

Scott