Eddie, I don't understand why your Mic cable doesn't work. The Mic input on the PSR 2000 is a "Balanced" connection, ie., "Stereo" connection. I use a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) Stereo Mic Cable that runs out of my Rolls Phantom Power Adapter into my PSR 2000.

This sounds silly but check the obvious things to see if they are set right, eg., "Is the switch on the back of the PSR 2000 set to "Mic"? Is your Mic a Cardioid or Super Cardioid Mic? If it is, you will need Phantom Power to make it work. Is your Mic Muted somehow by one of your Keyboard settings?, eg., "Mute On/Off" within the Mic Settings? Believe me when I tell you, you CAN use a Stereo Mic cable. I have since day one with my PSR 2000 and it works just great. Someday I hope to get a "Stereo" 'Microphone'. They have come down in price considerably to what they were just a few years ago. There are a few Stereo Microphones available that sell for under a $1,000. Within a few more years there should be many that sell for under $500. Then I will finally be able to take full advantage of my PSR 2000 or next Keyboard's Balanced Mic Input connection.

Best regards,
Mike