I know, Uncle Dave! I didn't take it personally or serious (may I say so in english???).

Quote:
Originally posted by tekminus:
They're not exactly helped by the German language, which together with southern Swedish dialects, are among the ugliest in the world.

But I don't like their english texts either. That was an interesting post, tek! Is german really an ugly speech for non-germans? I admit, there are better speeches for music. But some musicians and film-producers use the german language to make it dark and disturbing (Peter Gabriel-deutsches Album, Ultravox-Herr X, Visage-Der Amboss (official it's sung in german, but I can't recognize too much of my mother tongue there ). And it's used in fantasy-films like Conan (in the original Verson the name is spoken like in german, but in the german synchronisation it's spoken like it would be spoken in english. Do You understand? ).

Do You know the german band "Rammstein"? They are very popular in the US?! For a german person the lyrics are silly and funny, because they are soooooooooooo dark . But how do You think about it as an english (or any other non german)-speaking person, when You don't understand too much? Is it really dark then?

[This message has been edited by Stalker (edited 02-25-2002).]