Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
...If one goes into the menu and chooses differing maximum velocities say at 80 the megas will play like any other guitar on board. Of course that also means that the dynamics will remain constant when played, but they most definately can be played.

Hi Terry.
Of course you are right, but there is no point in playing just one of the layers of a megavoice, without the special characteristics that 'make' it a MEGAvoice - I would prefer any of the normal voices instead.
When people say they want to play a megavoice LIVE, they want all the special sounds like strum and fret noise as well.
Otherwise there are some good sweet! and live! voices to use, right?
However I will try - once I have the PSR3K - to play around with the Overdrive and Distortion guitar voices, because I feel you can play them live without adjusting velocities. Maybe it helps to change the overall velocity response of the keyboard. You can then once in a while play notes in the upper octave to get the special effects as well.
BTW: I played on a PRS3000 and it played better for me when I set the velocity sensitivity to "soft1" instead of "normal".

------------------
drdalet