Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Talk about puttimg things in a nutshell ! Great Job Joe ..........So ....what is your overall summary between the 9000 vs 2000 ?
Dollar for Dollar ? dano

My comparison is fairly simple, generally speaking $3000 vs $1200. Of course, everyone's choice is a personal matter based on what THEY need. I want this keyboard so I can sit down and play music in real time. I am not into sampling, I don't want to do my own sequencing, I don't want to create styles. I just want an instrument that sounds great, has a lot of built-in styles, and is available locally. I have the 540 now and love it, but don't like the limit of only 3 user styles. I thought I would also like more keys on the keyboard and a hard drive. But when I auditioned the 9000 and the 550 a few months ago, I was very favorably impressed with the PSR550. Both the sound and the styles were considerably better than the 540, which I had purchased just last Christmas. So, I concluded that I would certainly be happy with the PSR2000. It doesn't have a hard drive (or 76 keys), but it does have a lot of styles and it looks like it will have the equivalent of a RAM drive for adding at least a few extra, and it does have a LOT more voices. So, bottom line, why spend almost three times as much to get features that aren't particularly important to me?

[This message has been edited by Joe Waters (edited 09-26-2001).]