Hi,
the yahoo psr style user group has lots of styles available for free download, some good some not so good.

Simons SVP World has free software programs & utilities to help you create & edit styles for psrs. http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm

Also like Bryan ( Pilot) I've found XG Works sequencer great. I use it with my 9000pro (home use only). It has the ability to use my pro styles and create backing tracks (in a similar fashion to Band in a Box) ie type in chord progression, type in style progression ie intro, variations etc and explode it into midi tracks for further editing.
I can also use it for creating styles in conjunction with one of the free style creation programs on Simons site.

best wishes
Rikki
p.s personally I prefer my kn7 as far as onboard style creation goes. It's one of the easiest to create styles for, because of all the onboard style creation functions.

Quote:
Originally posted by ricok987:
The main reason I want to upgrade the psr-740 is I want to work more with user styles and to be honest the psr-740 is pathetic in how it handles user styles. I know that the psr-740 is a good keyboard, but it does hinder my ability to work with user styles. I am happy with several sounds on the psr-740, and I have a motif rack to compliment the 740's sounds that in my opinion falls a little short. Also, I was using a Studiologic SL880 88 key controller with the Digitech Vocalist VR in conjunction with the psr-740. I really want the capability of having many user styles to work with.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022