Hi all,

Jose, I agree with Frank. Once I went to soft stuff, I haven't looked back either. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Motif ES6 and find that it's very useful for playing live, but there are also many times that it serves only as a controller kb for my desktop setup.

One Man Band is very playable in real time. I'll admit that I am still more comfortable on my PA80 in a live setting, but I did use OMB at the last function ( a private party ) I played at, just to give it a try, and there were no issues.

Good idea to get a better soundcard. I actually tried out a set of generic ASIO drivers with my laptop's internal soundcard ( ASIO for all ), and I was able to reduce the latency to under 10 ms, but the sound quality was fair at best.. no surprise at all. Also, these drivers would not function at all with Sonar ( they worked fine in FL studio though )

Good luck with it all. There are plenty of freeware soundfonts and soft synths to get you going. The commercial stuff rivals and probably in some cases surpasses anything out there hardware right now, and usually at a fraction of the cost.

Putting it all into perspective, I would tell you that my laptop is by far the most powerful synthesizer I've ever had. Nothing, I've had, not even the ES6, comes close at all.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-09-2005).]