I was able to translate a German thread about the HDM device from 2av.com. I found one person, only one, who purchased it for his PSR2000 and his Solton MS60 and was happy with it. The person reported quick access times. So I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase one. I'm tired of shuffling floppies (This is the most unprofessional aspect of my show), and it looks like the PSR2100 which is out in June, only will have 2mb of flash rom - this, if George Kaye is correct in what he heard. I doubt that the PSR2100 will be able to read styles from USB as this would put it ahead of the Tyros. I doubt that Yamaha will give the PSR2100 any features that the Tyros doesn't have.

At the 2AV.com website, there are two email addresses given. The fellow in the Ukraine does not answer his email. Maybe he doesn't get his email. I had a friend who speaks Russian call him, and he said that he does, indeed, sell the HDM, and why don't we email him. Well he gave my friend the same email address as the one that never gets answered.

The fellow in Germany, Sergiy, comes accross as rather gruff, but he does answer emails. He is selling the HDM for $30 more than the price listed at the website. He insists that the cheaper price is for people in Eastern Europe who don't have as much money.

I'm going to have a friend in Germany purchase the HDM for me with a credit card to reduce the risk of fraud. All in all, it will cost a little more than $200 to get it to my door. Then I'll pay a techie friend of mine about $20 to install it in my keyboard. Or maybe I'll read the instructions and do it myself.

The device looks like it wouldn't cause problems with the PSR2000 because it and the floppy drive would never be functioning at the same time. The hard drive is partitioned into dozens of 1.44mb sections. To transfer files onto the different partitioned sections of the hard drive, the HDM comes with a file management system and a cable that attaches from the parallel port to the HDM. To use the HDM during performance, you remove the computer cable and attach a partition selection switch. The disadvantage of the switch is that it doesn't have a numeric keyboard to punch in the exact partition that one wants. You have to press up or down, but since I only have about 6-8 floppies that I use during my shows, it should be easy to get to the partition I want. It shouldn't be hard for me to remember which partitions my favorite styles are on.

I'm excited about getting this thing. I should be laying down money for it within a week. I'll keep you posted.

Beakybird