My best regards to all of you.I am entertaing people using my voice + keyboard(s) for twenty years now and i am watcing this forum for most than a year and i really appreciate it.
I would like to make some comments on the Wersi Abacus which i am playing for three months to entertain my audiences.
1.NO CRASHES !!!(yes its true beleive it)
2.the easiest to use live>many big programmable buttons with LEDs +7.8' COLOR touch screen +real time volume sliders & organ drawbars
3.THREEE different sound generatorson board: XG midi+special DSP card (6 SHARC DSPs) + DSP Organ(opotional) plus Harmoniser(optional) with only one 24bit D/A converter before the output ie all sound mixing is done digitally.Maximum polyphony actually exceeds 128 notes even when using organ sounds+samples in all levels.
4.1000 freely programmable presets literally at a touch of a button which recall instantly all sounds/mixing/styles/smf etc from the standard 40GB H/D where i have already stored some hundnreds of..everything
5.Also 24bit digital mixing for 2 mics + 3 stero ins to 3 stereo out including parametric EQ > i dont need a mixing desk
6.Sampled sounds are great , i have also loaded AKAI sounds>no problem ,i am now trying software synths seems ok.
7.Completely software based already in version 3.30,more to come on CD free of charge.
8.normal pc components > i have a backup hard disk just in case
9.I run other audio + midi s/w directly on the instrument i.e sequences,mp3 players( real time mixiung with what i play) etc
You may say i like it exept one thing
its 'a little heavy;
I can give you more details if you like.