JAMES:
We all are faced with something better coming out, if the truth were known, there's probably a new one in production,another being tooled up for 2 years down the road, and another on the drawing board, it never stops, so we can't set and wait for the "BIG" one in the year 2021, live for the moment, the new stuff now will take you to new heights in your music, so just do, yourself a favor, don't worry about it just consider it the cost of being educated (like I do).

Ty II or pax1pro, are tops, and maybe the G7 Roland is up there now with the just added O/S (havn't heard any reports) all great keyboards. and my top 3 picks. (I chose ty II, Be here 7-10 more days).

The Ty II is considered by some to not being real band sounding, Change the Eq and mute some of the unnecessary things yamaha puts in and Wah/Laa. They make their styles to fit everyone, and versitile for many different tunes, and they also throw in the kitchen sink, along with records scratches etc, Just mute tracs you don't like before saving in the Regs and they're gone. (Easier to delete than add in) It takes a bunch of tweaking on each voice you use to get them the way you want, after listening to the demo's I know i'll have to adjust a lot of the voice's in every regs stored. Some of my tweaked voice's on my old 9000 sounds better to my ear than some I'm hearing on the new demo's, but I can hear possibilities that blows my mind on the new tyros II.

Can't say much on the new styles in the ty II except There's a bunch redone from my 9000, most are not sounding that good but I'm just playing converted tyII styles so not geting the full effect. There is a bunch of new style that are quite good. And Thanks to yamaha they gave back the Scat voices, excellent for using in combo with other voices, or just for fun.

Updating is great (if you can afford it do it!) if not get to tweaking on your old, and it will sound much newer, and you'll think maybe I don't need a new board....Pose