Great post, Taike...

Even though I studied classical piano for many years and even though I took to my B3 and pedals with enthusiasm, I wanted to learn more about the organ, so I took the plunge and went back to school.

I completed Yamaha's Electone course (even taught it for several years) and the emphasis was on the bass pedals and actually playing left hand rather than just chording.

I even used a modified Electone El-90 pedalboard (20 notes) with my arranger to give more flexibility to the bass line, but I guess laziness, and the much improved (and programmable) auto bass(and improved chord recognition)of the newer arrangers had me tuck them away, and eventually sell them....something I sometimes wish I hadn't done.

Needless to say, doing a gig back then was a exercise in accurate registration changes and choreography...I was a busy guy.

I'm at the point in my life where I am comfortable using an arranger and the full accompaniment, and people's opinions of just how much of the playing is "me" just don't matter much anymore, and I enjoy playing more than ever.

I refuse to use SMF although I have no issue with those who do so.

It will be interesting to see how others feel about this issue.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.