The navigation on the VA3 is the best I've seen. Having a large touchscreen makes it extremely easy to move around on. You don't have to use the touch screen if you don't want to. There are buttons to do everything you would want to. The keyboard also has stereo aux inputs for other keyboards or modules to play back on the internal speakers. I also haven't mentioned that just like the VA-7 which sells for approx. $1800.00 more than the VA-3, you can search and select songs to play while playing another and it is really easy to mute tracks or choose other sounds while playing. In my opinion, the VA-3 is just a slight notch down from the "big boy" arranger keyboards, and I don't think the PSR 740 has enough "pro features" in the way it records styles or songs to compete with the others like Solton, Roland, Generalmusic, Technics. To be considered a true workstation, I think you have to have an internal sequencer, and unfortunately, the Yamaha PSR740 only records to the disk and so getting around and editing and recording can be a real drag.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)