I finally got a chance to read the 'in depth' review of the Tyros in the current issue of Keyboard Player Magazine. One feature of the Tyros which really caught my eye is that Yamaha supposedly includes Tyros editing software which allows you to view the Tyros control panel, windows, and Sound Editing functions from your PC desktop computer's screen monitor instead of on the Tyros LCD screen itself. The Tyros interfaces your computer thru USB (USB port included). You can then edit Tyros voices & efx from your PC, thru EZ to view graphic displays of the sound envelopes, as well as vitual knobs & buttons on your computer screen. This certainly beats digging thru multiple sub menus on the Tyros screen. In addition to this, Yamaha's new 'Open Plug-in' Technology (which 'the Pro' brought up in an earlier post), will allow the Tyros 'voice editing' software to be run as a part of Cakewalk Sonar: Way COOL !

The other thing which the Tyros USB interface affords is the ability to transfer Tyros data (songs etc) back/forth to your computer bypassing the need for playing the floppy disk transfer game.

I think this feature alone shows that Tyros offers true ground breaking advancement for arranger keyboardists. Your thoughts?