Hi there Steel!

I've had good experience with GEM, Yamaha & Solton so I'd just briefly like to make some points.

The bulk of the advice given here has already been excellently and accurately given by George & SK880user.

You seem a little confused when George mentioned that the WK series has a music display, well, what he means is that you basically have a 'score sheet' in your display, which has lyrics, chords, notes & everything else associated with a professional music sheet. When I first saw this on my WK8, I was breathtaken.

In my opinion, the sounds on the PSR are generally better because they are 'sweeter' and 'fuller' sounding, I think its the effects personally that make it sound like they do, but they are good. The styles, however, I think are generally better on the GEM, though the PSR has some usefull styles. However, I think they are better arranged on the GEM, the sound quality also is generally more professional on the GEM as well. You can tell that the GEM keyboard was built with the studio recorder in mind! My father has recorded some lovely songs on the WK8 and has recorded them in a studio and I tell you they sound so realistic. With Yamaha, I really personally think that its not as natural sounding and you can tell they are a little 'electronic'.

But my biggest dissapointment with the PSR9000 is that its very similar to my old PSR8000, a lot of the styles are the same for instance. I also think that Yamaha's playback of midi files is pretty hopeless, unlike GEM where its a joy to 'play' around and its so easy to experiment with sounds with absolutely staggering results without any real effort.

My favouriate keyboard though is the X1, however, I still own 2 GEM keyboards (one lent out and the other I use (WX2), and I think GEM keyboards are very professional and have a lot of potential indeed.

If I were you, I would personally not trade the WK6 over a PSR, otherwise look for something like the X1 over the GEM. If you really want a PSR, then I would recommend you have a PSR as a second keyboard for the 'little thats missing' from your first keyboard.

I hope this helps.
Good Luck

DannyUK