This is an interesting topic.

I have read in the non-profit Consumer Reports that extended warranties for consumer electronics are, generally, a rip-off.

On the other hand, most people do not use their camcorder as much as I use my keyboard or amplifier - which is hours a day.

When you use stuff so heavily, it breaks. I had a problem with my PSR3000 after just over a year. It was turning off and on unexpectedly. Since it wasn't covered by warranty, I brought it to a techie friend who soldered something and charged me $20.

I have had little problems with my PSR2000 and PSR2100 that needed attention as well.

I would purchase an extended warranty for a keyboard or amplifier that I use every single day for hours on end. On the other hand, I would not purchase at a store just because they sold extended warranties.

Now I have seen small print with my credit card that you can get the warranty doubled up to one year. Has anyone ever taken advantage of this?

Is Yamaha offering the Valu Pak again on the PSR3000 or on the Tyros 2? When I purchased my PSR3000 when it first came out, they didn't offer that.

Beakybird