Quite a few ( but not all ) of my F3 and F4 voices have a good bit of echo too now that I've checked them. I really never noticed because I almost never use the single touch settings. I mostly use the performances to recall what I want to play and have made most of them custom to suit what I like to play. I'm not entirely sure that this is a defect Ron, but I'd almost have to listen to your PA80 as opposed to mine. I noticed that quite a few of them on mine had a delay effect on them. Hmmmm.. maybe more a function of poor preset effects than a glitch. Quite a few of my custom performance sounds started with one touch sounds, but I modified the effects on a lot of them anyway and in some cases changed or added programs to get the sounds I wanted. Any of your performance and single touch settings can be modified and saved on the board. It is very easy to save and store any changes too by the way.

If you aren't already a member, there is a PA80 discussion group at Yahoo groups. All you have to do is sign up, costs nothing, but I might advise you to uncheck the individual email option during the registration process or your email account will get flooded. I just go to the site at my leisure and read the message board. There are quite a few guys ( Terry , John Smies, Craig, to name a few ) who are very knowledgable on the inner workings of the board and might be able to shed more light on your question, but unless every F3 and F4 voice for EVERY style has a serious amount of echo, I don't think your board is defective. Here is a good test. Try the F3 STS organ voice on the "Acid jazz" style on page one of the Jazz 1 style bank. ( Make sure you use the Acid jazz style from jazz 1, there is a different Acid Jazz style in the " Soul and funk " bank ) There is a hint of reverb but very little on mine. In fact the STS 2 ( F2 ) electric piano voice from that style has a touch more reverb and echo to it. I didn't customize very many of my STS settings, ( and I have the originals plus any customized ones saved to disk ), so if you'd like to compare a few STS sounds between my board and yours, drop me an email, tell me which ones you'd like to compare, and I'll gladly record a couple of them and send them back as MP3 files

Good Luck,

"Korg" AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-26-2002).]