I love my PSR3000, and I also love my PA1XPRO, and this post is not intended to make any disparaging remarks about any manufacturer.

As great as both boards are, I continually wonder why a manufacturer as great as Yamaha, while creating very robust styles, makes them sound so compressed and over-produced, sacrificing a nice live sound.

And I wonder why a manufacturer as great as Korg, choosses to have many of the Korg styles just sound a little enemic, and have so few of the nice rich Yamaha type EP voices, and why their OS is just so darn clumsy and non-user friendly.

I am looking forward to the T2 replacement, and will likely buy it as soon as it comes out, but I'm wondering, Will Yamaha ever redo their drums to give them a nice LIVE, crisp, seperate and punchy sound, and will Yamaha ever change their styles to make them sound less 'canned' and compressed, less "wall of sound" and more live and dynamic with better instrument seperation.

Is it just me who feels this way about Yamaha and Korg boards?

I love Yamaha boards and their voices, and love their styles and love the OS. I just wish it all sounded more LIVE!!!!!! Why doesn't Yamaha do it? It's not like they can't, so it must be a deliberate corporate decision NOT to make the instrument sound more live, but rather to make this very polished, compressed wall-of-sound.

I just dont get it??? Would love to hear you long-time players opinions.

Thanks, Russ

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z