They kind-of did it. IMHO a few highly orchestrated demos does not give me a feel for what the instrument sounds like. Compare this to the yamaha site for Tyros 2.

Some real world demos from the manufactures would be nice for a change. You can read on this forum about Yamaha's disinterest in a 76-key arranger because the main market is the home-user/hobbiest. However, the demos provided by Yamaha and Roland are these pro-level, wiz-bang, sounds-really-cool-but-you-will-never-be-able-to-make kind of demos. The only place you see real-world is the videos of live demos when you can watch hands and see how much is playing vs. button pushing.

I think it's great that these keyboards have the capability of performing complex arrangments. However, the manufacturers do a disservice by not clearly delimiting between what can be easily done and what takes significant effort to produce.

But what do I know? They sell a lot of keyboards and I don't. Now that I think of it, they shouldn't change a thing. Because if they did, I wouldn't get the opportunity to buy the like-new keyboards on Ebay of people who don't understand what they are getting, get frustrated, and then sell them.

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 05-10-2006).]