Hi DonM: Well, let's put it this way, the Yamaha PSR Technical support guy (Bill Kamstra) actually wasn't really willing to admit it was a bug (yet). After explaining the problem to him, he told me that the harmomizer was only "operating correctly as 'outlined' in the owner's manual". It was only after I had him actually re-read page 131 of the PSR2000's owners manual that he finally agreed to forward the problem to another source (dept?) to look into this. He told me he would get back to me. That was last week.

On another related Yamaha PSR2000 possible bug issue which I believe that both Don Mason & Uncle Dave are experiencing as well: The "Registration Memory" (buttons 1-8) do not save the 'fingering type' (fingered, full keyboard, etc) as part of a registration setup. If for instance (with ACMP turned on) , I select 'fingered' mode and save it to "Registration #1, and then select 'full keyboard" mode and save it to Registration #2, when I go back and select Registration #1, the fingering mode stays on "full keyboard" mode even though I had saved Registration #1 to be in 'fingered mode'.

What's 'most' interesting to note though, is that with ACMP (auto-accompaniment) turned OFF, the 'finger modes' ARE saved in Registration Memory and change correctly when selecting various Registration Memory buttons (1-8) with different 'fingering types' saved into each memory registration. I had sent an email to Yamaha Technical Support at: yamahasupport@yamaha.com , back on Nov 26th and NEVER got a response back from them about this.

I'm now hoping that George Kaye might have some 'special influence' with Yamaha to get these two issues (Reg Memory: saving Finger Mode settings & Vocal Harmonizer balance problem) resolved . I'm hoping other PSR2000 owners out there will contact Yamaha about this as well. The squeeky wheel gets the oil they say. Yamaha's telephone number is: (714)522-9011 and technical support email address is: yamahasupport@yamaha.com

PSR2000 Owners Manual (page 131)
Vocalizer Balance Setting description:
This lets you set the balance between the lead vocal (your own voice) and Vocal Harmony. Raising this value increases the volume of the Vocal Harmony and decreases that of the lead vocal. When this is set to L-H63 (L: Lead Vocal, H: Vocal Harmony), only the Vocal Harmony is output; when it is set to L63-H, only the lead vocal is output.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 12-17-2001).]