Tom - You were spot on when you said that an SD-1 is not better than a Tyros or vice versa they are just different.

I have said this before but I very nearly got rid of my Tyros when I first got it because it didn't do what my XD3 did. I missed the "live" sounds and some of the instrument voicings (guitars - Sampled organs - trumpets and sax) that I didn't appreciate at first what I had gained in the Tyros.

I watch with interest the "holy war" of "my keyboard is better than yours". This is ok if it includes the "for my purposes" qualifier but I have to chuckle when I see certain people defend a make or, a model of a keyboard even seen yet or they don't use it in the same way.

I still have both a Ketron and Yamaha arranger and there are things I love and hate about them both - I would dearly love to get something that does (most) of what they both do and lately the functionality of the top models do seem to be converging.

So - keep it up guys - I want to see what people love or hate about their equipment in a constructive way. I am trying to find an updated G70 to try and will be over the moon if it does what it needs to for me.

Incidently - I have seen the midjay and it is a super unit but if you are mainly an arranger player you are better off with an XD or older X module as the arranger functions on the midijay are limited. If however, you use everything in the musical arsenal then it simply can't be beat for the price (in my opinion - lol.

For smaller gigs I use the XD3 module with a lightweight 61 note Sylogic controller plus the logitech 2200 - The whole setup almost fits into my pockets - well, not quite but if you are looking for a really minimal lightweight setup it takes some beating.

Just my twopence worth...

Keith