Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
If you can wait at least a year, I would wait for the 10000

Eric (and all for that matter), is there DEFINITLY going to be a Yamaha 10000 out next year? - or anytime?, because I hear very little of this "10000", and no one I know of has any info on this a t all. If there DEFINITLY will be one out, then it is worth the wait I would say.

I wonder if the Yamaha 10000 will be a re-hash of the 9000 (not a bad thing), or a totally redesigned keyboard, with features like those on the CVP piano's (192 POLY etc). I would be interested in a Yamaha 10000, but would not want to wait till Year 2003! (Which it could be). I have feelings that the Yamaha 10000 - (if there will be one,) will icorporate featutes found on the Yamaha Motif - and with a fully fledged Sampler, with the ability to import Akia etc - Via CDROM .

Also, the Technics/Panasonic may introduce a Keyboard like the KN7000 or something, but not heard anything on this either. My feelings are that Technics, somehow, are coming to the end of the line as far as keyboards are concerned (just a gut feeling- honestly!)), as Matsushita don’t seem to be doing too well in this department, and staff has been cut I think. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a Technics Arranger ever again (well under the Technics name anyway).

BTW a Yamaha 10000 with *fully* Weighted keys would be nice, although rock organ fans etc, with those fast "glissandos" might not welcome this as much.

NR

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 12-13-2001).]