Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
...I was thinkin' more along the lines of Wolfman Jack .....
......What was really neat back then was that most of the male entertainers wore tuxedos and the gals were dressed in incredible evening gowns. Not only did they sound greate, they looked great too. Guess that's why I also wear a tux, at least I can look great--even on the off nights.

Gary ..... AHHH, the WOLFMAN ... many late nights listening to him on NYC radio ...
and, yes, they did dress like entertainers in those days... in fact, if you go to a 'doo-wop' show today, they STILL do ... and some of these guys and gals still look and sound great ... saw a show produced by Bowser (Sha-na-na) last year and some of my friends saw this year's ... they said Jay Black is still singing in the same keys, and still nailing the big notes!!! ... as is Johnny Meastro ...
As for today's dress, like you I still like putting on the tux ... My last club/piano lounge gigs (jobs) have been a little more casual and I've gone with the dark suit, dark shirt look ... Perhaps this sould be a seperate thread ... we'll find out ...
t.