Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:

I own a PSR 3000. about to upgrade to a T2 in a few weeks... I have played a fair bit on the T2 for comparison and notice a massive diffrence in the feel of the keys but the size?? are all 61 key keyboards the same size??

Only Yamaha's. They are 160mm (6.3 inches) octave to octave. If you've played a Korg Pa1XPRO or Roland G70 you'll notice that the individual keys are 'wider' than those on the Yamaha Tyros/2 or PSR 3000, etc. Korg and Roland have what I consider 'true' full size keys. But nevertheless Yamaha touts the Tyros and PSR 3000, etc. as having full size keys. In their eyes they are I suppose. But a lot of people think otherwise. If you buy a Tyros/2 or PSR just make sure you keep your body weight, including your fingers, in the normal body mass index range because if you let your fingers get chubby you will in my opinion have a more difficult time playing the Tyros or PSR 3000 etc., and hitting the keys without making needless mistakes.

PS: The standard for "modern range" Pianos is mainly 165mm Octave spans and even Yamaha makes their 88 key Hammer Action 'keyboards' with 165mm Octave spans with the Motif ES8 being an example. The problem is getting them to make their synth action keyboards like the Tyros/2 or PSR line with 165mm Octave to Octave spans like Korg and Roland do. So my advice if you own a Tyros or PSR is stay in shape and keep slim and trim - or else.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-18-2006).]