Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Too many sound-like-a-pro-no-matter-you-can-play-or-not gimmicks made many a keyboard player a dull musician.

Careful, Taike, you'll wake up the lurkers....

I have to confess, SZ is one of the strangest music forums I read. There is SUCH a mix of top flight professionals, talented amateurs, and one-finger wannabes and newbies just trying to get some information, and unfortunately a few utter 'fakers', and it is VERY hard to tell sometimes who is who....

It's a shame that more people aren't up-front about their ability (or lack!) because there is such a pool of knowledge and experience here, so much could be learned and taught. But ego and pride often make some post as if they are experts, and when they finally slip up and post some absurd remark, or worse, post their tunes ( ) it is hard to take them seriously any more...

There's no shame in only playing in 'C'.... as long as you admit it, and try to get help to rectify it. Or at least, when you post a tune, admit to using the transpose button! I hate trying to figure out how someone fingered a tricky passage in an awkward key, only to find out they transposed...!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 05-19-2007).]