Mike, The seek drive thing is something that I mentioned to the developers and hopefully a fix is on the way. I found a trick that if you use the page up and down or scroll without stopping too long it doesn't try to load the songs (or what ever it is doing that seems to hold it up) while selecting a song.

The next thing you mentioned is the CD eject disable. There is a button in the (select) screen that allows you to eject (which also dismounts the CD) and the CD will pop right out. If you don't have the CD drive selected in the select screen, the CD eject on the drive will work.

I am really glad you gave the instrument another chance. I honestly love the genesys. There are some things they are working on to update some operational things on the instrument (which I understand there is a New OS coming out soon) but all in all it is a pretty soild board. I am a gear head, so a lot of arranger instruments seem so limiting, this one is not. And unlike the WK's and SK's they really did take notice of what really didn't work well on the WK series and focused on ease of use. I love how customizable the instrument is, and can load Professional samples from Kurzweil and Akai.