Say you are an indie recording artist and will produce your own records. Is there any arranger you think is superior for this? For songs where you need more than guitar/vocal. To produce as high a quality recording as is possible without hiring other musicians. And I don't mean recording "live," I mean multi-tracking.

It would be interesting to do a studio demo with, say, a five-piece band and also do it with an arranger and see just how different the two are.

I guess an exception could be made if DRUMS or BASS are the key to making a demo sound "real." If a drummer could add that, it would be worth it. Of course, he'd have to be able to play to the perfect time of the arranger tracks. Arrangers lay down a decent bass line, I would think drums would make more of a difference.

I have produced two CD's myself. And I knew NOTHING about recording. I'm not very good at anything. But I have sold many of these CD's, have had many terrific comments and not one person has griped about the music. They think it sounds good. I did it all on a psr2000. Well, that and me on acoustic guitar.

I hear things on there that I go "ouch" but that could be fixed if I had better equipment. (Like, more polyphony.) And more knowledge.

Just wondering if anyone has any strong thoughts about what would be ideal.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000