Phestus,
what's with the emotional outburst? I plainly credited Dave with being normally extremely helpful , but I explained he was not helpful when I criticized the OS as "flawed"--rather he treated it as a betrayal that I was making noises about selling it. I stand by that criticism, and offered Dave specific examples of the shortcomings of the OS (btw, that OS is not fundamentally different from the WK OS of 1995, so archaic is not an inaccurate description!) He agreed that the performance buttons programming was a problem, and had no answer for several other features of the OS operation that were just
not up to par with anything a machine of that class would be expected to accomplish competently. He admitted it in a way by saying they were working on a new OS for me.
(which I do not believe--I believe they may have been working on a new OS due to several customers' feedback, but as of this date have either not completed it or decided to abandon it)Why would they do that if there was nothing wrong with the original?

Buyer beware is right on, but we all make mistakes, especially when it's so hard to get a demo anywhere. I owned a Gem sk76 that i liked some things about, and i
was led, or led myself, to believe that the ProS was a great advancement over the SK76. But although it did have many new styles and sounds, and several capabilities the sk did not, like cd burning and vocalizer...the OS was about the same, only even less convenient to use for live
playing because some global features were eliminated.

Re your not considering rebuying an item no matter what they did with it, i don't understand why not? I specifically
said i liked a lot about the ProS. I removed the cheesy effects. I figured a way to add wheels and a handle directly to it so the weight would be less unweildy (if i got it back),
and my argument is totally about the OS.. a great new OS would be a reason to repurchase, especially sinced the
"overpriced" would not be an issue because the price i
could repurchase at would be much lower.

I can understand that the kind of service Dave is normally known for would inspire some to rally to his defense, but i don't find any of your arguments other than that to have any validity at all, and my experience with Dave as someone who was not a happy camper showed a much different side of him to me than he shows to those who just need service, instruction, and advice--at which he excels.

------------------
Miami Mo