Dear Cindy,

I've actually got MY PSS-680 MIDI'd too a Korg Poly-800, a PSR-500, and a PSR-630. What you get selling these things after a while is so little that I hang on to my old gear. I use a "Pocket Thru" to put things together. There are all kinds of MIDI switches to configue these things.

Anyway, MY conclusion is: I wouldn't bother. There are so many possibilities of voices and layering in the 630 that I really don't bother turning on any of the others now at all (but the whole setup looks rather impressive with the various tiered keyboards on an "A Frame" Stand. When you add all these keyboards together you eventually end up with something I would describe as "noise". Frequently less is more.

Also, the main reason I hooked these together is that I thought I might be able to "combine" styles from different PSRs. The main problem with this is that even if you set the tempo of two different PSRs to be the same, and start them at the same time, they tend to "drift apart" so that pretty soon your "cha-cha" plus "rhumba" sounds horrible. There are devices to keep them together in time but I believe they are somewhat expensive and I never looked into it since I found that there are an inexhaustable supply of Yamaha Styles floating around the net, so that the need to create something new by combining PSR styles isn't very important.

Of course, YOU may like these layered effects. If you tried to sell your 680 I'm sure you'd end up keeping it when you find out what you could get for it. When you get your new keyboard MIDI it together with the old PSS-680 (MIDI OUT of one into MIDI IN of the other) and play around. You don't need to buy anything extra to do this and it is quite interesting and instructive if nothing else.

Cheers,

Bob