Hi Vic01,

Congratulations on your new WK8. Did you get the WK8 or the new WK8-SE (special edition)? I heard that the WK8-SE includes the awesome acoustic piano sample from the GEM PRO2. Either way, I'm sure you are going to love your new keyboard for many years to come.

Because I continously need to be playing my arranger keyboard (Technics KN5000) with BOTH hands, the foot pedal route is the ONLY way to go. I use a four pedal unit model plus a single pedal unit mounted to the side. They are mounted to a platform (thin plywood) which is in turn secured to my keyboard stand's legs. This insures that the pedal unit does not slide/change position while playing and insures that the foot pedals are always in the EXACT same location. This allows you to easily memorize the foot locations without without looking. I setup my foot pedals to trigger fills, panel memory settings, and intros & endings. To avoid accidently pressing the wrong pedal, try to set the foot controller pedal assigments consistently for all songs.

Scott http://scottyee.com