After a week, I'm still really enjoying the PSR2000. As you may know, this is my first new arranger keyboard since the KN5000. I wanted to point out some IMPORTANT differences in the way Yamaha (PSRs) store user data versus the way Technics (KNs) do:

On BOTH the PSR and KN keyboards, user data for a specific song or style setup is stored in 'separate' individual files (as follows):

1) Song
2) Style patterns
3) Memory Registration Setups
4) Multi Pads
5) Custom Sounds

Here is the MAJOR difference: With the Technics system, all 5 of the above files have the SAME name, but with a different file extension, and can be both saved (onto a floppy disk) TOGETHER (at once) or singly (if desired) and then re-loaded either all together at once, singly, or in any combination of files desired. On the other hand, with the Yamaha PSR system, each of the above files need to be individually stored to floppy or keyboard USER area, and then must be reloaded individually, one at time. It would be far better (faster efficient loading/saving) if Yamaha could take Technics lead here and allow you to tie the files together the way Technics does. Also, the Technics KN5000 board supports 10 banks of 8 custom 'memory registration setups' (72 total) onboard at ONE time, where the PSR2000 only supports 1 bank (1-8). Maybe the PSR9000/9000pro is more like Technics in this regard.

The big advantage to Yamaha's data storage system is that the onboard USER data storage area appears to hold MORE than Technics. The floppy disk load time appears faster too. The KN5000 onboard storage only holds a maximum of ONLY 20 customized styles & 40 customized sounds. - Scott