Thank you Frank,
just couldn't remember the name of the program.
I reloaded the synergi fonts into the laptop, and things appear to be working ok again.
I've now got full use of the Dell desk top
( our ex work computer ) so now I can do a bit more experimenting with the fonts etc. I didn't want to experiment too much with my music laptop just in case I mucked something up.

I have quite a few of those 1 step forward days & 2 steps back, but that's half the fun, when you feel you've acheived something.

I've sort of worked out how the scenes work with software based instruments ie using fonts to play just say channels 10 to 13 of the style & hypercanvas to play channel 14 to 16, but it doesn't appear to allow me to include my clavinova which I use to play melody part channel 1 ( or have I missed something).

What OMB now lets me do is set midi channel 1 to play via usb ( my clavinova / dgx etc) and midi channels 10 to 16 to play via midi yoke ( the soundfonts, hypercanvas etc via Forte software)

Actually any of the 16 channels can be set to whatever instrument you want to use. So it gives me the option of mixture of hardware plus software based synths (via Forte.)

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
[B]

Rikki, you can use more than one instance of any sample player or synth and send various channels including layering in forte to the synth or sampler of your choice. You can save this as a scene and instantly change your setup to another scene (different effects or voices).

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022