Well said George. As we know though, Guitar Center did stock the Tyros and they sold many of them I'm sure. >> I was just one of the many. But what I think has happened with the Tyros2, is Yamaha, in listing it at $4,200, has priced it so high that with a lot of customers coming in to GC they are shell shocked by the price. For instance, when I went into a GC recently, there was, lo and behold, a Tyros2 on the rack! What had happened was the guy told me that someone bought it (through special order) and because of financial problems brought it back to get his money back. I can see why he may have had financial problems. They had a price tag hanging on it that said $4,200! There was no discounted price because of the return. Most people would immediately gasp at the price and look elsewhere. I asked the guy what his bottom offer was and he said I could have it for, get this, 3 Grand even! But I don't think a lot of people would necessarily dicker like I did. They would see the high price and vamoose.

So that may be a big reason why GC decided against stocking the Tyros2 and instead made it a special order item only. Because of the high price. OTOH, the Tyros when it first came out was listed at most MI stores for $2,499. I have a much easier time looking at a $2,499 price tag than a $4,200 price tag. As would most other potential customers I would think.

Btw, that may be the same reason Roland went strictly CK with the G-70. We do know however that Roland personally stated that they would not sell the G-70 through MI stores. And many MI stores feel the same way with the Tyros2 apparently. But I'm glad Sam Ash is stocking them at least.

So in conclusion, money always seems to be the main instigator in what gets sold where. At least that's what I think has happened with the G-70 and Tyros2 anyway. Plus the fact that Roland specifically made it their policy to only sell the G-70 through CK outlets - until now it seems.

Best regards,
Mike