Frank,

I am glad that you are on this thread now.

My question is actually like this:

I want to be able to set up buttons on MFC10 to control "octave up" and "octave down" on the Roland PK-5 pedal board. Since I use PK-5 a lot for either bass or sustained high-note string sounds, 13 keys are simply not enough to do the job right. On the fly octave setup on PK-5 along requires stop playing on the keys and press down Oct/Parm function button and a key representing the appropriate octave value. This makes playing outside of the 13-key range non-stop impossible.

Since PSR9000 has not MIDI thru port (it is only available on the To-Host port), I wonder how I can set up PSR9000, MFC10, and PK-5 altogether. Since there is only one MIDI out on the MFC10, the only seemingly possible way for such connections seems to be MIDI out of MFC10 connects to MIDI in of PK-5 (for control of octave shifts if all possible), and MIDI thru of PK-5 connects to one of 9000's MIDI in (for MFC10's control on the 9000), and MIDI out of PK-5 connects to the second MIDI in of 9000 (for running bass/sustaining strings etc.). Since I have not purchased 9000 or MFC10 yet, I would like to check with you and see if it is feasible at all.

Many thanks,

Paul Ip
from Texas