Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I gig on ALL Holidays including
Thanks Giving.....for some stupid reason many players seem to veer away from working on Holidays, I Don't ....I acually embrace it and Love to share what I do with people who may be less fortunate then myself on these special days....they might be sick, alone, or just need to socialize & enjoy musical entertainment during Dinner with or without their families. If I can be part of that experience for them I will surely do so....there more then enough time later on in the day or night to be with my own family and kids & soon to be any day now
"First" Grandchild also....
Music is "Magic" try to brighten up someones life with it if you can, dont be selfish your heart & soul will Thank You Big Time... & so will your audiences!

Happy Holidays

As long as you're doing it pro bono. But, there's nothing selfish about wanting to be with someone's family. It's certainly not a stupid reason.

We don't have Thanksgiving in Laos but we have certain Buddhist festivals where families spend all day cooking and making flower arrangements, shop for large candles and for toiletries which the next day will be taken to the local temple. These items will be donated to the temple but most of it will be distributed by the temple to the less fortunate, eldery, orphanages or schools.

In fact, monks and novices go out every morning to beg for food. Most of the collected food, once the monks and novices have had their breakfast and lunch (they don't eat dinner) will be donated.