After a couple of days with the new Roland FP-3 Didital Piano , I would like to make a few comments for the Guys and Gals that play piano , and those that play left hand bass.This Keyboard is a sleeper and I don't mean it will put you to sleep U/D..Why am I reviewing this keyboard as an arranger topic...It is capable enough to be called an arranger,..First for our Piano players..A great acoustic piano[a total of 40 tones ranging from Pianos,EP,organs with rotary control,guitars,basses[nice],strings,pads,voices [included my favorite scat],winds etc....88 Roland hammer action keys[you know,,,the ones that feel like a real piano] .3 feel settings..This keyboard will split.Bass and right hand sound with balance adjustment. Or layered.Effects are chorus 10 levels,Reverb 10 levels,Sympathetic resonance 10 levels and Rotary..All nice stuff, Right,,Now the PLUS..A thing called session, 60 drum patterns to jam with..you can play with drums and add bass[Yes it will follow your left hand chords],and you can add the chord accompanient track..These styles will bring a smile to your face, They are "IN YOUR FACE"..They are more POP oriented,latin,ballad, jazz.country.swing,shuffles,funk,hiphop,fusion.contemp.waltz,rock,boogie,blues,ect..Sorry
No Marches, NO polkas!!NO accordions!!Check this board out..If you just love to play and want a backing band at your finger tips when YOU NEED THEM...this could be the keyboard for you...No speakers, 41 lbs,has inputs[stereo pair 1/4 inch],Very compact 50"x12"x5"...I will try to give an in dept report later...Fran PS: Thanks to Tom Snee for loaning me his new toy..I forgot a BIGGY, You can buy this Roland for under $1200..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 08-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 08-04-2001).]