Well I got my new PSR-2000 just before noon. I've been playing with it all afternoon, haven't found the need for the manual yet. I'm amazed at how easy this board is to use and how logical the OS is. I think the sounds are great. HOWEVER, as I've stated with all of Yammies arrangers (even their upperline like the 740/2000 ect (not including the 3000), they should be ashamed of themselves for putting such a weak slap bass on the PSR-2000. A keyboard of this caliber should have a better quality slap bass. This is the only sounds I find that I dislike so far. My complaint before with my PSR-550 is that it lacked basses and saxes with balls. The PSR-2000 has the growl sax, and oh my lord that sweet saprano. Talk about mouth watering sound from that sample.

The styles are good (pleased to see some good hip hop drum beats). Great to have 4 variations, fills, and mutliple intros and endings.

Speaker output as far as sound is concerned is pretty good. Nice bottem end. HOWEVER I'M CONCERNED ABOUT SOMETHING. I know this issue came up in the past with several other 2000 owners. There seems to be an audible hiss from the speakers, and it seems the speakers are very senstive to interference. I was able to cut the noise down by placing the board smack dead middle of the room Any suggestions on this? It's not so bad that it's unbearable, but it's there.

Starkeeper and Trident, I will send you both a detailed review this evening when I return from class.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-16-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.