Hi Joost,

Thanks for your input. I agree with all of your suggestions. Unfortunately, at the moment the Equinox lab is being used for the Genesys project and we are flat out working on this new instrument.

Of the points you mentioned, number 2 and 4 would be useful additions and there is currently no way to work around them on the instrument that I know of. As for numbers 1 and 3, there are work arounds;

For block rename, simply save an empty block with the desired new name. Then load the block you want to re-name and re-save it into the same position as the empty block you saved at the beginning. The original block can then be deleted. I realize that this is not as simple as the BLOCK RENAME function on the WK series but it does work.

Personally, for hard disk management, I use a little device from H45 Electronics, (www.H45.com) which connects to your USB port and allows you to plug in your 2.5 HD from the Equinox, (or WK/SK) and use it just like a second hard drive on your PC. In this way you can easily rename, copy and backup your Equinox/WK/SK hard disk blocks from Windows.

As for your point #3, there is a solution. For some reason, when loading sound scripts from the WK series, the Equinox sometimes generates these "phantom sounds" you desribed. These are actually held over from PERFORMANCE mode and are not technically inside the imported WK sound. Try this: after you've loaded your sound from the WK, instead of selecting it under the SAMPLES button, try selecting it in PERFORMANCE mode. Take a single sound performance like THE PIANIST (#6) and then substitute the piano sound in track 1 for the newly imported sound, (which will be in one of the USER banks). You should now hear your WK sound with no additional interference.

To hear the sound correctly in SAMPLES mode, switch to PERFORM and reduce the volume of all 16 tracks to zero with the sliders. Then switch back to SAMPLES and try your sound. It should be ok. If you want, you can also program one of the USER panel buttons to automate this operation for you. Press USER, then select EDIT (F1) and press any button under the sliders. Edit the button's values as follows:

MODE: Internal
FUNCTION: Controller
DATA 1: 7, (Volume)
DATA 2: 0
PART#: Highlight every track.

This user panel button can now be used as your "INSTANT WK SOUND FIX" button.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for your input.

Chris