Quote:
Originally posted by OldNewb on 04/27/2005:
Scott, I believe I've read in a post on this forum regarding the latest os update, that 'rootless chord voicing' has been added to the G70

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee on 04/27/2005:
Hi Jim. Though I certainly HOPE that you're RIGHT that Roland is actually going to add rootless chord recognition in their next G70 OS update, I suspect that what you read (shown below) was refering to the Korg PA1X/PA1XPro & not G70.

Ok Gang! I'm keeping my hopes up that Roland has finally decided to come on board and add 'rootless' jazz style chord recognition on the G70 with OS 2.0 version.

G70 owners who have updated to OS 2.0. PLEASE perform the following Chord Recognition test and report back your results:

In auto accompaniment Split KB mode, play the following 3-note chord voicings (in the keyboard area left of split point) and report back if the G70's chord recognition results are anything similar to what is shown below:

1) F1-C2-E2 : Dm7(9)
2) F1-B1-E2 : G7(13)
3) E1-A1-D2 : C69
4) E1-Bb1-D2: C7(9)

The above chord voicings & associated chords (and in all 12 keys = 48 chords) are now included in the arranger chord recognition table of the following keyboard manuafacterers:

Ketron
Korg
Technics
Yamaha
Ketron

I only HOPE that Roland has finally come on aboard with this because this chord voicing type (and in all keys) are the basic chords played universally by jazz inspired keyboard musicians worldwide.

Thanks in advance.

Scott