Well I had the pleaser of playing that thing today and it was a very interesting keyboard. I don't really have the time to go thru all what I did but here is a main impression.

As always I was impressed with the features that keyboard got. It’s decently the TOP dog in features. With its 32track sequencer, 24x10x40 LG CD-RW that it self got in me in here. Another thing that I've noticed is that the keyboard is not that big inside like I Imaged it would be. The keyboard even looked smaller in size than the WK2000 that was next to it. Weight wasn't that bad either; I could really handle that keyboard in every gig. Navigation was awesome. It was very easy to handle (WK8 was pretty complicated for me here) and I got throw styles and sounds and very fast. Styles were not that bad. I liked the POP styles ones but was very disappointed of the poor reggae styles that were there (which I was looking forward to). I think both of them had a name of the 60's reggae and the other one was pop reggae. I didn’t really like those styles and I think Gem should put more work in that. I liked the Latin styles and the techno ones were fine. As far as sounds, I didn’t really hear any improvement over the WK8 unless I'M messing something. But they were ok for a background playing. THE worse part now which probably will never get me to buy the GEM genesis is that the dealer told the suggest price of the genesis was...ready...

$7500 US

Is that True or it’s just my crazy old dealer is trying to make a profit in here?

That’s all just my opinion but over all, the keyboard is a 58% improvement over the wk8.

------------------
Vic:)