Thanks for the info. If the PA80 is the same Sound Engine as the Triton, then at many $$100$$ for the same sound seems good to me. Same as I said, I'm not bothered about the Sampler at all - so that would save a bit anyway, nor the arpeggiator (seem like gimmicks to me do these). I will seriously consider this PA80. However, Two sequencers on one Keyboard aren't what I had in mind!

John: is the Korg PA80 "Better" than the SD1 & Pro 9000? - Even if they were at the same price? - Or are you taking this into consideration? And is it easy to get two arrangers running at once - without a jumbled up sound? (My KN5000 (which I brought a month ago) + PA80 it would be).

Arbaz: Are the String/Pad sounds etc as good as the triton? - As the KN5000 caters a lot for the Solo sounds. (Maybe the PA80 is better than the KN5000 - I don't know). Also, what I want from the PA80, are these Synth sounds that George says are a little absent in the PA80 - by comparison to the Triton that is. Nice Wurly/washy/Spacey pads! - That would be very nice. I'llrepeat that! Nice Wurly/washy/Spacey pads!

George: you say the "PA80 has the same oscillators as the Triton" whereas Vic says: The pA-80 have "4" OSC. , Triton only have "2".". Me a little confused on this one.

Also George, you say:

"The sounds have been created to cover more "main stream" sounds, such as Pianos, Organs, strings, brass, and they have included fewer Synth type sounds as used for hip hop and dance type music".

Since I want a Triton for these Dance Synthy sounds, then this would disappoint a little bit (note that the arpeggiator/Sampler is bottom of my agenda). I already have a keyboard with good solo sounds in the KN5000. I will have a good look. A Triton rack would be tempting mind you - if they weren't nearly as expensive as the keyboard itself!! (Triton that is)

Vic: Since you say that "they are the same Engine(Triton and PA-80). infact I feel that the mother board of the PA-80 is more faster", ..then it can't be bad!

Thanks everyone.

Andrew

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 08-14-2001).]