Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:

I have a question how do I make the harmony effect on the expander work ?
Technics called their's Technichord and if you played a chord in the chord section of the bass of the accordion it put 3 or 4 part harmony to a single note played in the right hand treble of the Accordion !!

Hi Giovanni,

The Harmony function should kick in when you press the Harmony button within the Sound Controls section to the right of the display. If the accordion is triggering the chord recognition section of the accompaniment section and is also playing live sounds from the Genesys, then as far as I can tell, the harmony should work.

I am using the Piano Mode of MIDI Setup, which means that the Genesys XP only needs one incoming MIDI channel (Channel 1 by default) and everything works just as if the keyboard was built-in. Since you are using one of the accordion MIDI Setups, things may be a little different in the way the Harmony function is triggered. Please let me know what MIDI Setup mode you are using and what MIDI channels are being sent from your accordion.

Best Regards,

Dave

PS- HERE is a manual addendum that will point out the new O/S features which you may find useful.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 07-25-2006).]