Smurf,

Don Mason used his PSR-2000 nightly for two years, it never blinked or had a single problem. I experienced the same with my PSR-500, 5700, 630, 740 and 2000. They all performed flawlessly, night after night, year after year, in smoke-filled bars, wedding receptions, nite clubs, private parties, indoors and outdoors. I even did a job in a snowstorm once, something I'll never do again. The bottom line is the keyboard will hold up just fine--you just have to be a good entertainer to make a living in this business.

Additionally, I am a strong advocate of pre-planning and programming the system so every aspect can be utilized to eliminate dead time between songs. Additionally, it's important to be able to look at our audience and instantly pick out the correct music and songs to keep the entertained all night long. So whether your keyboard uses a floppy disk, hard drive or USB device is irrelevent. In the end, it's you, the person playing the board and singing the songs that really counts.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)