I'm sure most of you that have known me for a LONG TIME here have probably already predicted what I would say my favorite feature is:

arranger chord recognition: ROOTLESS CHORD VOICINGS

Over the last 8 years, I fought long and hard here to stress the importance for this. Back in 1999, only Technics & Yamaha arrangers included this 'modified version' of the distinctive keyboard chord voicings introduced & played by jazz legends Bill Evans & Wynton Kelly, but which has now become a standard style of keyboard accompaniment in blues & pop music as well, and a chordal style played by contemporary keyboard artists now: from Diana Krall, Jamie Cullum, to Elton John.

4 years ago, following my urged suggestions, Ketron 1st introduced arranger rootless chord recognition on the SD1, and only last year, Korg finally came on board as well, introducing this on their PA1X arranger. It seems now that (of the top arranger manufacturers) only Roland and GEM are left behind to (hopefully) finally come on board now.

As I've stressed repeatedly here, this feature is something that would be relatively simple to implement because all it requires is changing the values of the chord recognition table .

That said, one of the most rewarding experiences I've had participating on Synthzone is the gratification that some major arranger manufacturers (namely: Yamaha, Ketron, and now Korg) have actually listened to me and responded in kind, and I now want to express a sincere 'Thank You' to them.

- Scott

PS: If you're new to SZ and unfamiliar with rootless style keyboard chord voicings, simply perform a forum search on the word:"rootless"

Scott Yee Entertainment

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-29-2007).]