You should really think about how comfortable are they to wear. If you use them for many hours at a time you'll regret if you bought ones that make your ears hurt and sweat As Tom said you can wear them all the time if they're good. That you will learn to appreciate if you buy uncomfy phones

I bought Grado SR-80's and they sound quite good now but they're not very comfortable. Sometimes my ears hurt if i've used them for longer than half an hour. I went to check other headphones to replace Grados and Sennheiser HD-595 was extremely comfortable and didn't sound too bad either.

If you want to spend quite much I would recommend the Senns. They're also good for listening to music.There is a little sound leakage but it wasn't even close to my Grados' leakage. Leking shouldn't be a problem unless you don't use them in full volume next to your sleeping wife.

Lower-end models 555 and 515 should also have the same design so they could also be good if you don't want absolute high-end (and expensive) phones.

[This message has been edited by Hasko (edited 08-29-2005).]