Vquestor, I have not tried the recent version of Sampletank. The previous version did not have sufficient benefits to warrant serious consideration (quality of instruments, effects and the usual GM - XG issues). So I have not gone back to it. Sonic Reality may be just as good a choice given that they do sampling for Sampletank.

Saddly, I gave VSampler 3 DXi a fuller run on my Music Computer with the following results:

1. It crashed my computer a number of times and is not yet ready for prime time. The crashes occurred trying to make adjustments in midi/audio options within VSampler.

2. The feature of copying the drums to bank 128 helps but it is not enough. VSampler assumes a complete GM standard including drums only in channel 10. So as is the case in many Yamaha styles drums can be found in other channels like 9, 10 and 1. This results in out of tune pianos playing - sad. I tried using M. Bedesem's MidiPlayer to change the styles to GM. This solved some of the problems but I was still left with VSampler picking only the Standard XG Kit rather than the called for say Jazz XG Kit - Oh my. Also, if you combine all the drum tracks to channel 10, you do not have the flexibility to apply separate kits, effects and volumes to the separate drum tracks - Oh my.

Well there is some progress. It is just not good enough. Best is to change the drum banks from 16256 to 127 and use VSampler in the standard mode.

3. The hanging notes on my general purpose computer seems to have been the result of the combination of Live - Styler and MidiOverLan. Using Midi Yoke on my music computer resulted in no hanging notes. In general, I would say Midi Yoke is the safer virtual cable to use.

Vquestor, I assume you set Live - Styler accompaniment out port (say Midi Yoke 1) to forte - LiveSynth Pro in port(Midi Yoke 1). This should work. You need to be careful in not setting up midi loops between forte and Live - Styler. There are so many possibilities for this to happen.

Vquestor, you do not need forte if you are going to use only one sampler for your accompaniment and your right & left lead/melody instruments.

Jick Duck, you placed the files in the right folders. The xaudio.dll and livestylerDll.dll files stay in the Live - Styler's main folder. You can check out Branda at the following site:
http://www.branda.de/

I hope this helps.