AJ, Uncle Dave,

I indicated in my post above that I am looking to try the new Korg. I am sure I will like a lot about it (and I better for this price). Nevertheless, I will have to play it much more extensively and try to duplicate the note dropouts than I would a keyboard where I would not anticipate the polyphony to be an issue.

Perhaps I will agree with you in the end that the 62 voice polyphony is not an issue (or perhaps not, depending how hard I have to try to run out of polyphony).

The specs certainly don't tell the whole story, but as AJ indicated, they are a measuring bar. When a 5'5" player comes to try out for the NBA, the scouts will look at him quite skeptically, and even though he may be an excellent player, he will have to work much harder to prove himself, than someone who is 7' tall. The new Korg is in the same predicament with me.

All I am saying is that the Korg company could have easily avoided this situation by simply providing the modern hardware and software (as they should for the money they are charging), so that skeptics like me would have less doubts.

Regards,
Alex