I've had my PM3 for about 4 weeks now with sadly not much hands on playing time. However, I am finding a few odd characteristics of the instrument as well as some things not working as I would be expecting.

So I was wondering if any other users could compare notes with me please?

Here are my comments based on the Fazioli preset:

1. Sustain.

This seems rather short to me for. The maximum sustain on middle C is about 11 seconds and the initial attack decays quickly. Is this right? Bottom C goes for about 21 seconds. I've never played a real Fazioli but I thought they were reknown for sustain?

2. Gradual damper action.

I'm using the Pro Pedal Set which has the continuous sustain pedal. I do not get any gradual damper effect - it only works as an on/off switch. Is this right?

3. The action weighting.

The bass end of the keyboard seems excessively sensitive. I am finding that often I have to play mp in the left and f in the right to get an even sound. It almost feels as if the entire keyboard is weighted for a left hand player (I am right handed). I know the PM3 has "virtual weighting" programmed into the bass notes to compensate for the lack of gradual weighting in the keyboard itself but it does seem as if the compensation is weighted to increase the sensitivity in the bass. Anyone else feel this way? Oh and the St Grand 1 preset seems unduly strong in the bass and weak in the treble.

I've only realy got to notice this playability problem after doing some recordings. Initially, the quality of the sound and the sheer fun of the instrument blows you away. Only extended use highlights this sort of problem.

If anyone has any views on this, I'd be really interested to hear them.

Apart from the above, the PM3 still knocks me over each time I play it with the sense of playing a real piano.

Regards,

Mark