BlkNotes,
Drum machine can replace the drums on any keyboard that aren't really up to par with its acoutic and electronic sets. A good example is Yamaha. Even the PSR-2100 had the old dated Yamaha drum kits. This drum machine I got really puts Yammies to shame (from the PSR-2100 down) I would even venture to say it can probably hang with Yammies "live" kits on their keyboards. I'm not sure, but I think they upgraded a few kits with the PSR-3000.

Also quite a few people here use drum machines and even have good arrangers. Drum machines are just a nice little unit to have. They really have a lot of their own flavor too. This drum machine was only $200, and it also includes some bass sounds as well. Programing drum and bass patterns on this machine is similiar to an arranger.

Starkeeper,
Yes you can record the patterns in either step or realtime with the pads. You can also record the drums and bass sounds using an external midi keyboard Big plus there!

It will save 100 user patterns

Don't think it records as a midi file.

This machines memeory is contained to the unit only. However there are some drum machines with smart media card storage

By bass sounds I mean Bass Guitars

The bass parts aren't triggered like an arranger. You select a part the dial in the key and voila

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-02-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.